Friday, April 12, 2013

Should I Huub or should I go......

The spring is here and it is time to think about getting a wetsuit. So what should I look for? Something to keep me warm at Norseman? Yes. Something that will make me look good? Yes. Something that will help me float better? Yes. Luckily for swimmers like me, wetsuits are not longer just made to keep you warm or for real swimmers. Anyone who has seen my swimming times know I did not grow up in a pool, but on frozen water. I have a stroke, and that is it...

 

What I am looking for is a wetsuit fitting me, my body and my stroke. A suit made for middle of the pack swimmers with sinking legs and a questionable stroke is what I am looking for.

GCswim2

A new company in the already crowded wetsuit space is Huub. The company is using science as the base for their wetsuits. I like science so I am interested. Almost anyone looking for swimming information on the net has watched videos or read articles from the Swimsmooth guys. Huub and Swimsmooth are interconnected. You will understand what I mean by reading this:

When you are choosing a wetsuit you'll want something at the right price that fits you well, has great flexibility and looks good on you. But should you be considering your stroke style when selecting the right suit for you? Here at Swim Smooth we certainly believe so.

The buoyancy of a wetsuit has a huge bearing on how you swim in it, particularly the distribution of that buoyancy in different parts of the suit. We call this the "buoyancy profile" and broadly it relates to the buoyancy in the upper body versus the lower body of the suit. This is effected by the choice and thickness of materials in different areas of the suit. http://www.feelforthewater.com/2013/04/how-to-choose-wetsuit-to-suit-your.html?m=1

I am not swimming like these guys so I cannot have the same suit.



 

This is more like my style



 

OK, so why am I looking at Huub? Huub has a suit for swimmers like me, a suit made to correct my style and make  me swim better and faster, also the suit is comfortable and easy to move in. I am looking at a Archimedes 3:5



 

Now I just have to make up my mind....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment