Sunday, March 31, 2013

Training the week of March 25 - 31, Happy Easter + allergy

The spring is here and I have a feeling all pollen in the area wants to m ake my day a little bit harder. Yes I have pollen allergy, in fact I am allergic to every tree in Washington state and for all of you who have been here, we have a lot of trees. The medication works, but on days with a lot of nice weather and then a lot of pollen I will get tired and have a headache. But I am used to it and I like spring so I will survive.

Pollen

Enough of excuses, how was my training last week. Actually really good. I got all the important workouts in and I feel that I am getting stronger. Now I just need to keep doing what I am doing. I have to admit that my coach Tony DeBoom knows what he is doing. Slowly but surly I am turning into a triathlete. I know I will have the strength and endurance to participate in long distance races and knowing that helps on the confidence.

 

I manage to get two good swim workout in last week. I am pulling a lot to get stronger and it starts to pay of. Now I am seeing progress, but I will always be a Norwegian cross country skier trying to be a fish :-)

I biked three times and had a mixture of long tt intervals, low cadence and harder shorter intervals, all over three workouts. All together 7 hours of biking, all on the trainer so no downhill.

I ran three times last week. My interval day consisted of 20 minutes warm up, the 5x3 minutes with 1 minute rest, then 20 minutes run, then 15 minutes threshold run, and finally 5 minutes cool down. On Saturday I got a 50 minutes t-run after 3 hours on the bike and Sundays long run was cut short due to Easter brunch and traveling, but I got 1.10 hour in Oak Harbor.

On Easter Sunday we all went to brunch with my wife's family. My son Henrik loves the ferry.

WP_000087

 

No comments:

Post a Comment