Friday, March 22, 2013

Time to think about equipment upgrade for Norseman

A fun part of my old sport cross country skiing and my newer sport (I actually had my debut in triathlon in 1988) triathlon is equipment. Just take a look at all the questions, openings, debate and agreement/disagreements on any triathlon forum and you understand that “stuff” is part of the charm.

 

Until now I have not been an equipment geek. Last season I usually had one of the oldest bike on the rack in T1, my good all Felt road bike with regular training wheels. My goal was to train for speed before I bought some speed. Not to say that good equipment is not important, it was no fun getting past going downhill by people with better wheels. So yes I am looking at a bike and an aero helmet.

 ?????????????

I will not buy any power meter since I struggling to get enough time to bike, I do not have time to look at graphs and files for hours after biking. Can a power meter be helpful, yes, but both me and my wallet will pass this time.

 

After five years in my old beginning wetsuit I need to upgrade. After I start swimming more (and training more), my tummy is smaller but my shoulders are broader. I am looking for something to help my poor form and of course something comfortable to swim in.

GCswim2

Let the hunt begin……

No comments:

Post a Comment