Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Training the week of April 29 – May 5, another brick in the wall

Another ok week with training and now I have only three months left to Norseman. Three months is not a lot of time, but I should be able to get in 10 good weeks before I start tapering. For me Norseman will not be a race of speed, but a race of holding back, eating and accepting the pain and suffering. It will be a race of pacing and endurance, so your head has to work and your body needs to be fit for the distance.

 

Last week I swam once (not good), ran twice and biked four times. Overall I had 12.5 hours of training. It is not bad, but I constantly feel I should do more. But I also constantly feel I should be at work, be a husband and be a dad. So I really should be quite happy.

 WP_000090

Going forward I have to start practicing my eating. The goal is to be around 70 – 90 grams of carbohydrates per hour. It sounds a lot easier than it is, and I know I have to be vigilant when it comes to fueling.

No comments:

Post a Comment