Friday, May 10, 2013

Born to run.....in real shoes

I am a triathlete and I am coming out of the closet. Yes it is true, I am a heel striker. Not all   the time, but most of the time. I did not chose to be a heel striker, I am sure I was born this way. But I have moments when I am not a heel striker, it is when I run faster.

Yes, the speed I run decides how I run. When I jog slowly I am landing on my heel, when I run fast I land on my mid-foot, and when I try to be a sprinter I land on my fore-foot. So when I was in the market for some new shoes I went with what is working for me (and most other runners), shoes with good cushioning. I bought a pair of Brooks Glycerin 10.

DSC_0201

DSC_0204

Every time I get new shoes I have to make them mine. The truth is that I can easily start to hurt in my Achilles if they  get any pressure. But luckily I have a solution, a kitchen knife.

DSC_0205

I bought the shoes and went on a two hours easy run with no problems. Good shoes, now the runner has to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment