Thursday, July 25, 2013

Norseman equipment: the run

One part of Norseman that is not totally unique is the run, well that is not correct since I have to “run” (zombie walk) up a mountain the last 10 miles. The last three of those miles will be on a trail. But I do not have any plans of special equipment for that part. If German tourists can hike up in high heels, I should be able to walk up with running shoes.

I am bringing two pair of running shoes. My main pair is Asics Gel-Lyte33 and then I have a backup pair Saucony Kinvara. I am not going to run the run leg; I am going to survive it as best as possible, so I have chosen light shoes with soft cushioning. Why two pair? Some times it can be good to change shoes when cramping or if I get a blister.

GEL-Lyte33™ 2

No comments:

Post a Comment