Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Norseman equipment: the swim

Putting together all the equipment for Norseman is fun, especially when you like me have to get a lot of new stuff. The challenge with Norseman is that it is a point to point race through different climate zones and with sometimes very changing weather. During the race you can have freezing cold rain on the bike and during the run the weather can be baking hot. Luckily for the swim it will be easier.

Swimming in Eidfjord will be beautiful. The fjord, mountains and waterfalls are stunning, but how is the water. On the positive side it is salt water, and most likely the tide will be beneficial. When it comes to temperature the water will either be cold or really cold. But I do not think it should be a problem. So what kind of equipment will I be using?

Wetsuit: Huub Archimedes 3:5



Googles: Tyr Nesta Pro (blue, blank and mirrored)



Hood: Zoot Sports (Huub did not have my seize)

SWIMfit Neoprene Cap

Ear plugs: Yes (cannot remember the brand)

TYR Silicone Molded Swim Ear Plugs - Dick's Sporting Goods

I also will bring an extra silicone swimming cap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment