Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Be brave, trust the taper

Four weeks to the A race, to the jump from the ferry, to the world’s hardest triathlon, to what I have had on the calendar for the last one and a half year, and what is most important now? Be brave enough to do less, to taper.



Training for Norseman has been a battle of always feeling I should have done more, I should have squeezed in another run, swim or bike, I should have done more laps in the pool, run longer, bike more hills. But now I have to do less to performer more. This sounds a lot easier than it is; it is not easy to trust the taper. But I will do it and I am sure the outcome will be better than trying to push right up to I enter the ferry.



Up to this point I have been building base and endurance. It has always been a question of getting training in to the body, not getting performance out of it. The last four weeks is all about taking the fitness level and transform it to performance on race day. The goal is to have that tingling feeling in the legs the last days before the race. Trust me I am still working out, but I have more easy training sessions between the hard ones.



If I follow through with the taper, the taper will give me wings….

No comments:

Post a Comment