Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Norseman equipment: clothing during the bike leg

You never know what kind of conditions you will face during Norseman. Most likely you will face several since you start biking in a fjord landscape, than bike over a tree less mountain area and then you go up and down from valley to mountain in true Tour de France style. If it is warm, the choice will be simple. I will race in my Pearl Izumi two piece tri kit.

 

Helmet

I have taken inspiration from the American Olympic champion in time trail Kristen Armstrong and will race a Catlike Chrono Aero WT. It is comfortable, easy to adjust and not too heavy. The helmet comes with a visor; most likely I will not use it.



Jacket

After this year’s Giro d’Italia the choice for a bad weather jacket/west was easy. The bad weather in Italy made most of the team scrambling to get a hand on Castelli Gabba jackets. The jacket is nice, you can take off the arms and then you will have a nice west.



Warmers

I will use Castelli Nano arm and leg warmers. These are almost water proof easy to use and will make it easy for me to adjust during the race.



Gloves and shoe cover

I easily freeze on my hands and will use gloves during the race. If it is warm I will use a pair of old Specialized gloves. If it is raining I will use special raining cloves from Castelli.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment