Friday, June 7, 2013

Advice from Stuart Macleod (Norseman hero)

If you are a fan of Norseman and like me watched all the videos you can find on Youtube from the race you have most likely watched one with Stuart Macleod. He has not only been the star of the official Norseman's 10 years anniversary video. His support crew has given us three really good videos from 2010, 2011 and 2012.

Stuart Macleod

 

From all the videos, my favorite moment is when Stuart is welcoming his friend Ian an the peak of Gaustatoppen. You can see how happy he is on his friend's Ian Brown behalf.

 

I reached out to Stuart and asked him if he would race this year. He will not race this year, I am sure he is going to enjoy Celtman or another race in his stunning Scotland. But Stuart gave to important advice.

  • Don't forget to enjoy it.

  • Never ever give up.


It is easily forgotten how privileged all us Norseman racers are. We build up to the race, travel to a different country and will get support from someone that is close to us. The journey of Norseman is there to be enjoyed.

 

Norseman is a long race and everyone will hit dark spots during the race. I will try to say to myself in Scottish, Never ever give up. I will keep moving, even if it slow, carried forward be everybody that support me and have help me to get to the starting line. Yes, I will never ever give up.

Here you have two of the videos Stuart is a part of.







[vimeo http://vimeo.com/14303223]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment