Monday, June 17, 2013

Where am I six and a half week before Norseman?

Norseman is creeping up on me; I am at the point of no return. With six and a half weeks left I still have time to get better, but most of my work is behind me. Do I feel confident? Not at all. I do not think you can go into a competition like Norseman and feel you have done all you can. With work and a family I want to spend time with (this is an important point) I do not have unlimited time to massage my own long distance ego. I have followed the program my coach Tony DeBoom has giving me as good as I can, and when it comes to prepare for long distance triathlon, he knows his stuff.

 GCFinish2

So what is Tony’s plan for me the last six weeks?

  • Do not eat crap.

  • Go to bed earlier.

  • Make every workout count.


These are simple but genius guiding lines. Food is the fuel and better quality food will give me more energy. Also, by watching out for what I eat I maybe will lose some extra pounds. The body needs rest and sleeping is a good remedy. Getting more sleep is maybe the easiest way to get better performance. Also with six and a half week left I need to focus on every workout, make every day count.

 

But I always have to remember to enjoy the journey…………

No comments:

Post a Comment