Friday, February 8, 2013

Norseman 2013 – here I come

It is now official, I have been offered a spot at Norseman 2013 as “someone special” and I have of course accepted. Getting a spot as “someone special” is actually special; it feels good that my little hobby of promoting Norwegian triathlons here in the US has been recognized. But with getting this spot I also feel responsibility for being a good ambassador for Norseman and to take good care of this unique opportunity.

 

After being high on the news, reality came crushing down on me. And I start questioning my fitness level, I felt fat, slow and out of shape. I think this is typical for all age groupers with a demanding job and a family; we can never be as prepared as we want for a race like Norseman, but we still can race with OK preparations. It is all about being honest, adjusting ambition levels to reality and enjoy the journey. In the end, even Norseman is just a race.

 

But for now I love being a man in the early forties with too much self-esteem and too little self knowledge. Norseman here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment