Friday, October 4, 2013

My new coach is: ME

I have now hired the worst and most rude coach ever, myself. Why? Was I unhappy with my old coach? No, I have nothing but good thing to say about coach Tony DeBoom. He is not only a really knowledgeable coach, but he is a good guy. Tony took me from a coach potato to the black t-shirt at Norseman in under two years. And he did it with a lot of time constrains on my side. Best of all, Tony explained why he wanted me to do the different workouts, me made me a smarter athletes.  But for 2014 I do not have a big goal, so I will coach myself.

DSC_0100

So what is my plan for this winter?

I have limited of time so I will focus on VO2max training in the week and hopefully some longer rides/run in the weekend. When I know what races I will participate in I can make a more targeted plan. But now my goal is to increase VO2max and then add longer stuff in the spring.

One thing I will do is running hill intervals on the treadmill having this picture in my head. That hill kicked my butt so it is good to use for motivating.

 

Zombie

 

I will also try to get some swimming instruction. A good swim will always set you up for a good day in triathlon. I will never be a fast swimmer, but I have room for improvements.

DSC_0035

But most of all I will have fun. Training is fun. Getting my but kicked in competition is fun. Feeling in shape is a good feeling. And I might even get faster. It is easier now since I have two years of training in the bank.

Norseman bike

 

No comments:

Post a Comment