Thursday, September 12, 2013

Norseman is done, now what?

When your bucket lists just has one race and you have done it, it is time to start thinking about what is next. What do I want to do with my triathlon/sport life in 2014? Should I get some new goals or is it time to just enjoy being active and race for fun?

dsc_00271.jpg

Why should I have a goal in the first place? A goal not only helps making training more structured, it adds motivation and it simplify the athlete experience by taking out noise. All of that is good, but it can only be as good at the goal itself (God I am getting philosophical here). So the next question is; what is a good goal? Norseman was a good goal for me. That race had several factor of my life incorporated so it was easy to get excited about and motivated for. Now I need to find other races with qualities that are interesting and make the heart rate increase.

DSC_0100

So far I am looking into Wildflowers in California, Pacific Crest in Bend Oregon or maybe I should do a triathlon camp with a lot of trading at a nice and challenging place. For 2014 I will not work out more, but I will race happy and enjoy being active. My list is not finished, so right now I do not know what I will do in 2014.

994595_561956947196396_1154836366_n

No comments:

Post a Comment